Routine exams &
& Tooth Gems
Welcome to Tooth Love. We love teeth, our patients, and the planet – and it shows!
At Tooth Love, we take great care in everything we do. We genuinely care for our patients, their wellbeing, what is going on in their lives, and the lives of their families. We also take great care in what we invest in, the organizations we support and patronize, and the ambiance that we create. No stone is left unturned, down to our use of green supplies (like sustainable bamboo paper towels). Technologies (like our iTero intraoral scanner) improve our methods, reduce waste, and enhance patient experience and treatment outcomes. So, while it’s true that our dentist, Dr. Joanna Jefferson, and the team here all love teeth, we also love the planet and the communities in California that we serve. And that shows in our exacting detail and uncompromised focus on quality.
You need dentistry in your life. But it is not sufficient to merely provide a service. We believe, if the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that how you do something matters. We strive to elevate the bar for dentistry, and we are not “just” a business in Irvine. We are a vital community steward. We are not “just” another medical provider. We are a quality, ethical “dental” home, and partner with the individuals and families we serve. We are not “just” a place to work. We are an extended family of passionate professionals who are excited to come to work every day and are rewarded for that stellar work.
So, regardless of your specific needs, rest assured you will receive unhurried, skilled care and personalized attention that supports the best experience at our practice and a healthy, vibrant, confident smile. Just a few of the ways that we care for your smile, self-confidence, and spirit are listed below:
- Routine exams – “Standard” check-ups are scheduled once every six months, maybe more if you have risk factors for gum disease, tooth decay, or oral cancer.
- Professional cleanings – We can remove what a toothbrush and floss can’t: stubborn plaque build-up (tartar). These cleanings are combined with exams, at least once every six months.
- Restorations – Yes, we can rebuild a portion of a damaged or decayed tooth to preserve the natural tooth and avoid the need for extractions and tooth replacement. Depending on your needs, restorative treatment might include fillings, inlays, or full-coverage crowns. We embrace conservative dentistry, resolving decay or trauma with minimal alteration of the natural tooth structure.
- Cosmetic enhancements – Our dental restorations look natural and are pleasing to the eye, but they also serve a functional purpose. Cosmetic dentistry is generally focused on those elective procedures that enhance the appearance of the smile. We know intimately and have seen firsthand how veneers close gaps, disguise chips, or otherwise fix cosmetic imperfections provide an immediate confidence boost. Patients walk taller. The same goes for discreet clear aligners to correct crowded, crooked teeth or whitening to lift stains safely and effectively. Be sure to ask us about tooth gems, a safe and fun way to boost your smile appeal.
- A range of preventive and “general” dentistry – We are all about protecting and maintaining the beauty and health of your smile. We may do this with preventive services such as nightguards, which protect your teeth from fractures, chips, and excessive wear and tear caused by chronic teeth-grinding. Likewise, we work closely with patients on home care techniques and products to help them avoid the pain of dental conditions, the need for teeth removal, and tooth replacement.
To experience genuinely caring and authentically passionate dentistry for yourself, schedule an appointment at Tooth Love. Call us at (949) 444-5656 today.
MEET DR. JOANNA JEFFERSON
Hi, I’m Dr. Joanna Jefferson. I am your general dentist here at Tooth Love. I am an Orange County native, born and raised in Anaheim. After graduating from Canyon High School, I attended USC for both undergrad and dental school. I am a member of the Young Black Professionals of Orange County, the Orange County Black Chamber of Commerce, and the Irvine Chamber of Commerce. I now live in Irvine with my husband, Tim, and our cats, Lady and Fabio. I am often asked why I decided to become a dentist. I think the biggest influence was the confidence I gained after my braces came off.
That’s a feeling I want to help other people achieve. Being shut down for three months during 2020 gave me a lot of time to think about how I want to practice dentistry. I wanted my future office to be more streamlined and use greener practices. From modern technology like the iTero intraoral scanner to basics like bamboo paper towels, I hope you notice the changes we’re making to reduce waste while increasing your quality of care. I can’t wait for you to see the place! Being one of the few African American dentists in Orange County, I am honored to be serving my community.
“Amazing dental services by an expert and friendly dental team. They are so accommodating and assuring, that you’ll rarely feel like you’re in a dental clinic. I have no hesitation recommending them to all my friends and family. They are doing a great job, and I can’t thank enough for the care and service.”
“I used to be paranoid, and afraid whenever I go to a dentist. However that all changed after I found Tooth Love. Dr. Jefferson was an angel, and she took care of my issue, and fear of dentistry with a caring manner. I look forward to my dental visits with her as a result, and I can’t recommend them enough.”
OUR CORE VALUES
We work honestly in every aspect of our job and strive to remain deserving of your trust.
We aim to minimize our negative impact on the environment through the use of modern technology and reduction of plastic usage.
We choose to be positive. Positivity is contagious and boosts the happiness and productivity of those around us.
We are dedicated to our patients, colleagues, our work, and our shared goals.